Friday, February 22, 2013

桜翻訳! placing Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden in poll

Well, sinemerald from sakurahonyaku has placed placed Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden as one of his/her possible translation projects into the poll, and it is actually winning by a fair margin. Then again, he/she did say the votes will not be the only factor in his/her decision. I wish him/her good luck with that, cause I faced some retards who did not understand that particular line the previous time I said it in my only poll ever conducted here.

http://sakurahonyaku.wordpress.com/2013/02/22/poll-time/

I'm quite okay with this if he/she really wants to do this. I was planning to work a little on vol 4, but I guess I'll put it on hold and wait to see his/her final decision before deciding on whether to continue or not. Don't wanna work on it halfway and he/she decides to pick it up - will be a waste of my time.

If you guys want to see it be translated by a better translator at a faster pace (and translating straight from JP->EN to boot), you might want to consider voting in that poll. Not just vote really. Say something useful and convincing in the comments. Because I think he/she's someone who gives more attention at good comments rather than just digits and figures that can be rigged. Like me.

That's all.

11 comments:

  1. Not sure wether this is a bad news or not but it seems that Mondaiji is leading up in the vote with a overwhelming comeback. Hyouketsu is in the 2nd place...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really care. If sinemerald takes it up, I'll be a little sad to let it go, but I guess fans will prefer instant gratification instead of waiting. If he doesn't take it up, I'll see how the situation goes. I'll just work on SPS till sinemerald makes his/her decision.

    And again, my stand is that anonymous online polls should serve as nothing more but a yardstick to help you in your decision. It will be incredibly stupid for someone to base their decisions entirely on just the poll itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I am sinemerald, I'll narrow the options to Mondaitachi and Eden and decide through the comments posted.

      Delete
  3. Was someone spamming the votes because Mondaitachi got a lot of votes in a short amount of time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. nah~ apparently some facebook fan group for Mondaitachi put up the link and they flooded the votes in...~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many also came from mondaiji threads in MAL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. faster pace? sure. better translator? ehh...

    id rather see u do the series :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's kinda nice.

      But anyone's a better translator than me, really.

      Delete
    2. Totally disagree with that =), ur much better than me lol.

      Delete
    3. same anon as above.

      your translations are pretty good and i really enjoy them.

      the guy on this sakura site... im not convinced he knows english too well.

      try it for yourself: sakurahonyaku.wordpress.com/2013/02/21/seirei-tsukai-no-blade-dance-volume-5-epilogue/

      :/ :/ :/ :/

      Delete
  7. And the poll is already going into a direction I really have zero interest in :D
    Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Soudesu yo?, along with Sakurasou were propably the very last things I'd vote for...
    If you continue for a bit I might be able to help out sooner or later. Currently studying Japanese on university level, but not at the point were I can accurately and reliably translate things at a comfortable pace. If I were to translate something, HKnE and Mismarca Koukoku Monogatari would be definetely my top priority. I'd contact you when the time comes

    ReplyDelete