Monday, October 12, 2015

Where We Stand

I've been away from the Seirei Gensouki translation for longer than I originally planned, and for various reasons. If you've been paying any attention at all to the chat box in the sidebar, you would know that I was forced to postpone further work until after getting a new computer and car since my old ones either broke down or have too many issues.


After quite some time, I was finally able to get them and have finished settling into my new computer as of two weeks ago. Why haven't I restarted translations yet since then? As mentioned before, there are various reasons for that, ranging from being busy with my own personal things such as college and writing my own novel (which I'm debating uploading online, but that's another story). The biggest reason however is Seirei Gensouki getting published. I am currently under debate over whether to continue translating the web novel version or switch to the light novel, but the biggest obstacle in deciding whether or not I will translate the light novel is raws.

I've been searching for the last few days and have been unable to find scans or a digital copy of the book that I can work with. Why not use a physical copy you might ask? Because it's not really practical for me to translate while having to hold a book open at the same time and that process would cause unnecessary wear and tear to the book, and I like to keep my belongings in as good condition as possible (many of my things even look the same as when I got them after 10+ years).

In any case, the main point is, I'm currently in search of raw scans or a digital copy of the book. Should I obtain them, I will spend a few days deciding whether or not I will indeed translate the light novel version or not. In the meantime, if I'm not able to obtain raws within the next 2-3 weeks or so, I will begin the translation rush that I promised quite some time back and work to catch up to or overtake Roxism ASAP.

Finally, since I've been having trouble finding raws (or maybe I just suck at it), if anyone has any raws they would like to offer (again, must be scans or a digital copy), then please contact me at seireigensouki@gmail.com.

17 comments:

  1. By all means, please do it slowly and carefully.......T^T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone in animesuki manage yo have his digutal copy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. try nyaa.se it hopefully what you are searching for

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some raws of the first volume was posted today at nyaa.se.

      Delete
  5. Maybe not the place for it, but how are things regarding Shinonome? Is zgmfx09a doing alright?

    ReplyDelete
  6. try contacting cat from japtem.com / krytyk from krytykal.org. last time i heard both used digital raws when translating..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please start translating..... Waiting is hard and im tired of it so i have to speak my feelings

    ReplyDelete
  8. anyway how is your own novel doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....Stalker? I won't deny I'm working on a novel of my own, but how do you know that? o.O

      Delete
    2. Err... YOU told us in this very thread.

      Delete
    3. ....Derp. I completely forgot about that.

      Delete
  9. So I just picked up Seirei, but I originally came here cause I was reading Sayonara Piano Sonata and was wondering if you were going to eventually complete the encore chapters to that at some point?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think you've got the wrong person.. kyu reki is not the one who TL SPS.. so asking him feels kinda wrong..

      Delete