Saturday, June 20, 2015

Still Alive!

Honestly, I didn't think people would actually be asking about what happened to me. As so, here I am to update people on what's going on with the Seirei Gensouki translation.
First of all, translation is still ongoing. I have NOT dropped the project. I've simply been busy between college, social obligations, keeping up to date on new information, Internet and my laptop being unstable, and other things leaving me without a substantial amount of time to translate. Recently having to go overseas for a wedding with no Internet access did not help and I still have yet to finish catching up on everything I missed while away.

Next, the current progress on the translation. Chapters 3 and 4 are already 100% translated and are currently going through editing, translation check, and quality check. I actually could have released these two chapters a long time ago, but my pride refuses to output anything without trying to make it as professional quality as I possibly can. This may change in the future, but the current process for each chapter is as follows: TL -> first run edit by me -> additional edit runs by assistant editor(s) -> TLC and QC by me -> release.

In the interest of attempting to reduce the amount of time required for each release, Asololo, Vol, and Sekibane (new guy here who the staff of this site know over on Skype) are assisting me with the editing process. Asololo as a full time editor for the series and Vol and Sekibane whenever they have time.

While I'm here, I'll attempt to clarify a question I seem to be getting a lot. I am well aware that Roxism HQ is also translating Seirei Gensouki. Before I started my translation, I notified them that I was going to start my own from scratch and they acknowledged that. At the time of those events, they only had around 4-5 chapters released. Right now the current situation is essentially as follows. Roxism HQ does the faster, but low quality (I recall hearing that it's machine translation based, but I haven't confirmed that for myself, nor have I actually read their translation) while my translation is slow, but I try to make it as high quality as possible.

I'm sure some may be wondering why I decided to start up my own translation of Seirei Gensouki when someone was already working on it, and there are multiple reasons. One of the biggest reasons is for a sense of unity. I'm most likely going to be translating several terms differently from how Roxism translates them, so if people read back and forth between the two translations, there would be lots of confusion. Another reason is for a sense of completion for myself. It just doesn't sit well with me if I skip over translating certain parts. Another reason is quality. I'm of the belief that quality is better than quantity. Having heard from several people that Roxism's translation isn't exactly the best, and I had plenty of interest in Seirei Gensouki, I decided to attempt at doing a high quality translation to help appease those that also prefer quality over quantity.

To finish up this little status report, my current plans for Seirei Gensouki is as follows. Chapters 3 and 4 will be released when they're finished as soon as possible. After that, there will be a lull in progress again for an indeterminate amount of time as I attempt to clean up the loose ends of various real life obligations. Once I'm able to take care of them, I'll start doing a bit of a TL rush (minus the weekends when I have little free time) and attempt to get as many chapters out as I can while summer vacation is still ongoing, though I will most likely pause translation of Seirei Gensouki once I've completed work on the first arc of the story to work on a secret project.

Also, for those those impatient ones, I will be adding a status condition for chapters that have yet to be released to the content page. Don't expect it to be updated very frequently though as I'm not able to work on the translation very often in my current real life situation.

With that all said and done, Kyureki signing out.

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rude/careless remarks will not be tolerated (by me anyway) :P

      Delete
  2. TL rush... What a wonderful word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When can you update? Sorry just ask

    ReplyDelete
  4. you continue translation Shinonome Yuuko wa Tanpen Shousetsu o Aishite Iru? is a beatiful story and I want continue reading it
    thanks for translate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kyu's not the TLer for Shinonome though, Zmg is >> And well....ye....Shinonome's still continuing as far as I know...though I haven't gotten any update on the progress of the TL, if any...but please understand that Zmg was pretty much neck deep in his work project up until recently ^^; thanks for the gratitude and support, and just keep holding on til the next update, since there's nothing much we can do except wait xDDD

      Delete
  5. Awesome! I really glad that you are continuing Seirei Gensouki. I prefer quality over quantity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wondering if you are still working on Mushi Uta novel. Really am a fan of the series. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kyu reki !

    Did the epub and pdf file of your work on Sayonara Piano Sonata.
    Awesome work.

    The link : http://ebooks.armaell.fr/author-Sugii+Hikaru#SayonaraPianoSonata

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While we do appreciate your gratitude for the TL on SPS (seriously, thanks ^^), I'll just have to clarify that it wasn't Kyu who tled that project, it was zgmfx09a ;P

      Delete
  8. *Sudden worry*
    *check*
    All it's good, I correctly credited zgmfx09a in the file ^^
    I just kinda forgot who I wanted to contact while I was searching where to contact you :x

    And say him : awesome work on this translation ! ;)

    ReplyDelete