Tuesday, July 12, 2011

[Onii-Ai v2] Chapter 3.1: 10th April, AM7:00

Did this slightly faster because I am quite motivated to do the next chapter.

Enjoy.
********************




Ringggggg..... ringgggggg......

- The second day.

There was a phone call early in the morning.

It's not from my handphone, but the hostel's phone..

"Onii-chan~! Sorry, can you pick up the phone~!?"

From the kitchen came the sound of my sister.

She probably had her hands full from preparing our breakfast. Then again, I should be the one who is picking up the phone.

"Sorry Akiko. Can you pick it up?"

"Eh? But I am currently making the egg rolls~"

"I'll take responsibility if the dish goes bad. Please."

"Ah, alright. Since Onii-chan put it that way."

"Also, you are to tell the caller that I am not at home right now. While doing so, say that you have no idea where I am. That's all."

"U-Understood."

My apron-mode sister blanked out for a moment before she rushed to the phone.

I held my breath as I watched.

...... Why am I doing this?

Do I even need to say it? It's because I knew who the caller is.

"Yes, hello. This is the Himenokouji residence. ......Ah, mmm, no no no, that's nothing...... Ah, mmm, I am sorry, but he is not at home right now......"

I had requested those at my work to keep the details a secret from my sister. Nothing should be leaked even if it's my sister who is taking the phone-call.

"Right...... right. I understand. Alright, I'll convey that to him. ......No, it's nothing. Well then, goodbye."

*Kacha*, came the sound of her hanging up the phone.

It looked like the phone-call was over.

"Thank you Akiko. Ah, you really helped me out back there."

"Onii-chan."

"Ah. You had presented yourself so well even when you are on the phone. You had really grown up to be a dependable sister. As your elder brother, I am really proud."

"You are wasting your efforts if you are trying to divert the topic, you know?"

....... Uh oh.

So it's an uphill task to switch the topic casually?

"We'll have our breakfast later. Onii-chan, please take a seat over there."

"Alright, fine."

As instructed, I sat down at the short-legged table.

My sister sat directly opposite of me,

"It's from a woman."

"Akiko, you had misunderstood. That person is not-"

"She's a young woman with a sweet lovely voice."

"You're right, but she is just someone whom I know from my job. My relationship with her is nothing like what you are imagining now."

"And she was close to crying."

"Ah-...... mmm. There are many reasons for that."

"And she said 'Akito-kun is so mean~'."

Uh oh.

She had accurately pointed out those of misleading words......

"Do you have anything to say in your defense?"

"No. I don't need to defend myself-"

"Onii-chan! Please be honest!"

"No, you see, there is nothing for me to be truthful about. There really is nothing between us."

"It's still not too late!?"

"Not too late for what?"

"Onii-chan, you are saying that it is fine for my hands to be stained with blood?"

"Oi. You can't just say that sort of thing casually, even if you meant it as a joke."

I shook my head. Oh boy.

"I understand. I'll introduce the caller to you when the time is right. That should be able to prove my innocence. That's fine, right?"

"Uhhhhh...... This is not a lie, right?"

"No. I promise."

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......"

"Have I broken any of my promises to you?"

"Uhhhhhh..... Indeed, you have not, but......"

Well, I had no choice.

I want to avoid bringing work-related matters back home if possible, but that much better than being misunderstood for nothing. Since person in question is my sister, there is a possibility that she'll not let it go due to her misunderstandings.

"I understand. I believe in Onii-chan."

"Mhmm. Let's end it at that."

"Upon thinking deeper, it is impossible for Onii-chan to ignore me, his wife, and get another lover outside. Ehehe...... Akiko is really silly."

"Hye look, I think I did say the same thing back then. There are times when there's some strange terms to be found in your sentences."

Forget it.

It looked like she had regained her mood, so I shall not harp on that.

Compared to those things, I should say this while she's feeling happy.

"Ah- I say, Akiko."

"Ah, I am sorry, Onii-chan. The egg roll has failed, so can I replace that with a fried egg?"

"No, not that. About the agreement for today."

"Ah, if you are talking about the body wash, that is no longer of a problem. I had bought a slightly more expensive one that is not harsh on the skin. This is really good for your skin, you know~"

"No, it's not about that either. I'll be going somewhere after school today. I am sorry, but can you go home by yourself for today as well?"

"............"

"Akiko?"

"............"

"Oi~. Akiko~. Are you there?"

"............ Eh? Ah, yes. Of course. I am listening?"

"You alright? Your smile is slightly stiff."

"Mmm, it's fine. ......Onii-chan-! I am sorry~, but can you pick up the phone~!?"

No no no.

She has rewinded way too far back.

"There is another place where I want to go to today. That's why I have no choice but to let Akiko be by herself after school."

"...... Ahaha-. Ohii-chan, you are really~ funny. That is the funniest joke that I have ever heard from you. It would have been better to keep this gag for the future. This is not the finals of M-1, you know?" [TLNote: wiki M-1 Grand Prix]

"No no no. That is not a joke. And I am not a comedian either."

"Eh? But if that is the case, wouldn't it be that? It's like Armageddon, where I cannot go home with Onii-chan for two days straight?"

"Let's put aside the talk about whether the world will end due to me not going home with you, but it is true that I will not go home with you for two consecutive days. Well, that's how it is, so don't go to any weird place and go home straight after school. Remember to be a good girl-"

"God is already dead————!" My sister started Armageddon.

"It's guilty! It's a foul! Onii-chan's actions had clearly breached the Laws of Himenokouji!"

"I don't remember that such a law has ever existed."

"I can still forgive you if you are only unfaithful for once, but twice!? And consecutively!? There is a saying that the Buddha can endure it thrice, but your sister can only do it once!"

"Oi, stop slamming on the table. It will break."

"There is no god! It's pitch black! As a husband, Onii-chan has been unfaithful to me repeatedly, and that has hurt me, your wife, deeply!"

...... So she had slipped in one of those suspicious terms yet again.

Oh well.

I had expected this sort of reaction from her. And I had came up with a plan to deal with it.

"No, I cannot forgive you! I can never agree to it! This day, this very day, I'll be going home together with Onii-chan!"

"Look, Akiko."

"I won't listen! I'll never yield no matter what Onii-chan says! I'll persevere with all my might until Onii-chan gives in!"

"So you won't go on a date with me?"

"Onii-chan, your etiquette towards your sister is rather lacking! The morning kiss when we wake up; the farewell kiss when we leave the house; the welcoming kiss upon returning home; and the goodnight kiss before going to sleep! At the very least, you have to do all these in order to be an awesome- Huh!? What did you just say!?"

"I said, so you won't go on a date with me?"

"D-D-Date, is it that!? Is it D.A.T.E!?"

"Mhmm. You are right."

"Could it be that!? A trick where you go, 'Even though I said it is a date, I am referring to that on the calendar. Ahaha, you have fallen for it'!?"

"I won't do that sort of thing."

"T-Then is it true!? Will you really go on a date with me!?"

"Mhmm. Well, since we don't really have much money, the date will be things like taking a stroll around the park. That's the best I can do."

"A stroll! With Onii-chan!?"

"You don't like it?"

"No, that's great! When will we be going!? Right now!?"

"For now, we should be having our breakfast and be on our way to school. It will be when I return back home. After I had settled my stuff after school."

"Uhhh....... Which means to say......"

"Mhmm. If you listen to me and be a good girl, I'll go on a date with you as a reward. You can do it, right?"

"Uhhhhhh....... B-But if that is the case, then I'll not be able to go home with Onii-chan for today as well...... If I lack Onii-chan's nutrients for that long, I think I'll probably die......"

"Well, I do believe in Akiko. Just like how you believed in me."

"Uhhhhhhhhhhh......"

My sister stared at me in resentment; her expressions were saying, "Onii-chan, you are mean'.

It's before long that she gave what seemed to be a sigh of resignation,

"...... Understood. I'll endure for today as well, even after going through the painful ordeal yesterday. I have no choice by to agree if Onii-chan puts it that way."

"Mhmm. That is my younger sister."

***

That's how it roughly was.

I had finally managed to convince my sister for today as well.

No, now is not the time to be talking about going on a date and stuff. It's about time for me to clear my tasks, since she looked like she was about to cry...... No, that can't be helped.

To me, Akiko is my dear little sister.

And right now, my top priority is to deal with my sister's brother-complex.

In order to reduce the time spent with my sister to avoid the misunderstandings and unnecessary troubles from others, going on a date once or twice should be considered as a necessary expenditure. Mmm, that can't be helped.

......

............

..................

Mhmm.

That feels slightly off. Forget it, it's probably just my imagination.

I can already predict more troubles waiting for at the place that I am about to visit, as compared to yesterday. Let's not worry about the unnecessary things - regain my composure, and focus. Yup.

23 comments:

  1. I am so curious what type of job he does now

    thanks for the upload :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Akiko is the Brocon of all the Brocon in this (2D) World :D

    Wondering who is the girl at the end of the telephone line is... Anna?

    Ah... waiting for anon with the running chicken for interesting comment xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Akiko is slowly turning into a yandere, ruuun Akito, before its too late

    Thanks for the translation ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, there's a lot of interesting stuff here, lets take it by parts.


    The girl on the phone, probably not Anna, since Akiko-san would recognize her voice, and Anna never called Akito mean, and would not have done so when she realized Akiko was the one she was talking too.
    I could be wrong.
    But we will find out given enough time.


    Akito-kun job, that is a interesting topic, what I can affirm is that is not a regular job, since he does not go to work(How do I know? He spends all of his time with Akiko-chan :P) and if I where to guess he does some sort of counseling to the girl on the phone.
    But that's only a assumption.


    Also, Akito's plan to overcome Akiko's Brocon is not a very good one I believe. Since going on a date with her will only incress it.
    But it will be a good thing to write about, a nice walk in the park, then he runs into Anna-san "by accident" and then you know... No I'm not telling what happens, it is just what I would do if I was the author. :P


    And I believe I know the reason zgmfx09a is so excited about next chapter.
    Of course I won't tell you, but I probably won't have to wait too long. :P

    I have some new theories about Anna, but I'll wait for when Akito goes to her house to share it with you.

    Another huge comment, sorry about that. :/



    ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄◇ ̄)┘

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah... I knew Anon ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄◇ ̄)┘ gonna post some WoIT (Wall of Interesting Text) xD

    No no dont be sorry about that. since this blog wont be the same without you (you've become a mascot commenter ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄◇ ̄)┘ ) :P

    Just curious, have you read (skim?) through vol 3? Can't wait for that since Ginbee is my favorite haremets xD

    I can't seem to find the raws on teh interwebz T_T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweetness!!!))))))))) >3<

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still haven't found the Japanese raw, and I do look for it almost everyday. :P


    I do enjoy having the actual book, but since I live about 18.553 km(11.528 Miles) away from Japan, I can only afford to buy stuff from there once a year, so I always do my wish list and get it all by X-mas. :P
    Of course, I will not wait another 6 months so I can read it, so if someone manage to find the raw, please do share with us.


    My favorite character is still Anna-san, but Ginbē is starting to show her (incredibly) cute side, and as she is becoming a lot like my own little sister she is to become my favorite.
    Yes, I do have a little sister, I'm not an Anime addicted weird guy, yet. :P

    It may not look like but our dear translator have already managed to translate about 378 pages of Onii-Ai. Including first book. But also 125 from the second only.
    So I would like the properly thank you, not only for the current chapter, but for all the hard work you've done so far. So, thank you :P



    ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄◇ ̄)┘

    ReplyDelete
  8. So you have an imouto? Awesomeness

    ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄◇ ̄)┘-oniichan (...how do you spell that? xD)

    Wish I could do something awesome like, "buying things straight from japan" or something like that. Alas, in this third-world country I'm living in, the obstacles are just immesureable T_T

    Ginbee character design is one of the... scratch that, is THE best I've seen in a long while. Her cool personality is just icing on the cake for me. Then again, I've a thing or two for loli with silver hair xD

    And of course, really grateful to zgmfx09a and team for the translation of this series.

    ...Okay I'm starting to rival anon ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄◇ ̄)┘ in the length of my replies xD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Nek0, if you haven't checked your email, check your email.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have obtained the raws for Vol 3. Pretty interesting illustrations. Translations for it from Jap -> Chinese has also begun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @zgmfx09a Yeah as soon as I replied to anon ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄◇ ̄)┘, I googled it. I succeed at finding it. My life have been completed.

    ...Except I couldn't freaking read it! Why oh why I no use T_T

    At least there are buttload of Ginbee's image to be... appraised. yeah that's the word. Appraised. Gotta love that xD

    Patiently waiting for my saviors(translators) xD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks!

    *PS: Do you any plan to pick up Boku wa tomodachi where it left off after seanver quited?

    ReplyDelete
  13. ahh, I think I understand why your so motivated to do the next chapters :>

    ReplyDelete
  14. @July 13, 2011 7:08 PM

    Not in the slightest. Like I had said, this is not a blog on LN summaries. Oreimo is just an exception, for a friend of mine.

    Also, I am reading Boku Tomo now, but I am not too impressed, despite me being at volume 4 already.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You managed to find the raw?
    Dear lord, I must be getting slow since I still can't find you.

    Would you mind sending me the book?
    Post a link or I can give you my e-mail if you prefer.


    About the Japanese -> Chinese translations they are do it by chapters like you do or they just translate the whole book?
    I'm almost sure I know the answer but I don't mind asking.


    And about buying things strait from Japan, if I'm not mistaken Amazon do deliver books to other countries but it does cost you a lot.

    I never bought from them myself so I can't tell you for sure, but it shouldn't be hard to find out, I know American Amazon does that since I often buy books from there.


    I'm also happy I'm not the only one whose posts are huge.
    Welcome to the family. :P

    PS: I've been meaning to make an account but haven't found the time. :/



    ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄◇ ̄)┘

    ReplyDelete
  16. No worries anon ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄◇ ̄)┘ it's just that I've used up all of my luck (...and time xD) for today to find the treasure lol

    Ah I don't know if it's okay to post a link here... Well emailing gonna take some time so here goes...

    @zgmfx09a if this is violating the rules, just warned me. I swear to never do it again xD

    http://bit.ly/rgdH2g

    Enjoy :D

    P.S.Just gonna post it here:Ginbee is MAI WAIFU!!! xD

    ReplyDelete
  17. 有り難うございます。
    Thank you my good man. You do honor your name.


    I just took a look at the pictures and seems that the history is really nice.

    I will try to read it when I have some time, but since it will take a while for me to get to share that with you all I'll take my time.


    PS: I'm not sure Ginbē-san is old enough to be your wife. :P



    ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄◇ ̄)┘

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well here's a fun fact: I just googled my OWN freaking name, and surprised to see such a... grandiose meaning behind it. So it's completely coincidental. Heh... What a luck. And here I thought it just sounds cool and all xD.

    "Man of God", *sigh* gonna be hard to live up to that name!!! :P

    Not old enough? Ginbē-san? Pfftt... She is only two years younger than me xD




    P.S:So yeah i guess I just want to say... Keep Your Hands off MAI WAIFU!! xD

    P.S.S:Never in my life I wish I could read japanese as much as I am now. Le sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  19. That must have made your day.

    Now you must chose the kanji, since depending on the kanji the name can have different meanings. Even if it sounds the same.

    Shin can mean:
    信 - Honesty, Trust or Religious faith.
    芯 - Core, Hearth.
    真 - Truth, Reality or Seriousness.


    Otoko on the other hand, have only one meaning:
    男 - Man


    PS: OK, I'll keep my hands of your ワイフ, for now. :P



    ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄◇ ̄)┘

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're really an interesting guy anon ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄◇ ̄)┘ (...you're a guy right? xD)

    Really appreciate the explanation. to tell you the truth, my internet handle originate from the japanese word "serious guy" a.k.a "shinkokuna otoko". Well to my best interest, it sounds... unpleasant so I changed it to the way it is now. Yeah I am that shallow xD

    It makes me wonder though. Seeing you do all of this explanation..., I'm assuming you're either learning some japanese right now... or you're a japanese person himself (why are you in this blog then? xD)

    If you're learning some japanese, than I wish you luck :D


    P.S:looks like this comment thread has gone to far xD lets moving on to the next chapter :P

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are interesting as well, is nice to have other to talk to, since when I first started to post huge stuff here it seemed I was talking to myself.


    Don't mind the explanation, since I live in the middle of nowhere(really, I have to travel 12 hours to visit my older brother) I do my best studying Japanese by myself, and it was really interesting looking for all that, I actually just handed you a piece of the research I made for myself. :P


    PS: 20 something comments, I don't want to rush zgmfx09a but we are in need for another chapter.
    :P



    ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄◇ ̄)┘

    ReplyDelete
  22. Damn it.......I wanted to see the date in this chapter....X(
    Man....this volume seriously needs MORE Anna.
    "If I lack Onii-chan's nutrients for that long, I think I'll probably die......"
    I give props to Akito for not taking the bait. XD
    "Man of God", you know in japanese(Shintoism) there are many many kinds of gods? Man of cat-god, dog-god, etc. LOL.

    I agree with
    The one who runs with a funny expression~ ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄◇ ̄)┘
    I'm looking forward to the D.A.T.E.

    ReplyDelete